Monday, October 16, 2017

Magical Halloween with Darcies and Zigs

 Happy Halloween friends!  Halloween is one of those holidays that people seems to love or don't really care about.  For me, Halloween is my birthday and was so much fun as a kid, but is just another day as an adult; for me, it's getting one step closer to Christmas that's the exciting part.  However, when I came across this stamp set with a Unicorn perched upon a jack-o-lantern, I couldn't resist.  I made 3 cards with it in one evening in my studio and the cute factor is unreal.  All three cards will be in 2 videos, so don't forget to hit the subscribe button over on my YouTube channel ;)

Here is the link to this cards video tutorial and my supplies are listed below.
Supplies:
Darcie's Heart and Home Magical Halloween stamp set
Zig Clean Color markers
  • 91 Lt Gray
  • 52 Bright Yellow
  • 23 Scarlet Red
  • 26 Lt Pink
  • 51 Lemon Yellow
  • 40 Green
  • 36 Lt Blue
  • 83 Lilac
  • 47 May Green
  • 28 Pale Pink

Canson XL 140 lb watercolor paper
MISTI
Archival Jet Black ink
Lawn Fawn Deep Sea ink
Paper Studio Purple glitter cardstock
Neat & Tangled Scalloped die
Scor-tape
Neat & Tangled Happy Holidays die
Simon Says Stamp Trick or Treat (Halloween) die
Spectrum Noir sparkle pen
Tombow Mono Multi glue
Scraps of glitter paper

In the video, I used Arches green label watercolor paper, but I think it's too absorbent for the Zig markers, so I listed Canson paper instead.  It's a good quality student-grade paper that works well with the Zig markers and is reasonably priced as well as available at any craft store and online.  Because we're stamping on watercolor paper, which as a bit of a texture to it, you're going to need a MISTI.  I say that because you will need to stamp it several times to get a solid outline and using a MISTI will make that possible.  I've tried re-stamping without it and no matter how sure I was that I was lined up properly, it seldom actually was and I ended up with weird lines.  I am specific to the MISTI because it is a small business and the original inventor of the product.  Other companies have shamefully stolen her design and produced copycats, but I can't support them just because they're cheaper.  Theft is wrong.  Period. 

Let me know if you have any questions.  Always happy to help.  Happy Halloween!

For His glory and much love,
Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...