Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Handmade Christmas Card Series #1: Let's Mix It Up

 Welcome to Day 1 of my Handmade Christmas card series.  I wanted to play around with colors, textures and imagery, creating something beautiful yet not quite traditional and I really like how this one turned out.  I paired the traditional red and gold with gray and used a non-traditional floral image with the traditional sweater pattern in the stencil to give a breath of fresh air to a Christmas card.  I want to encourage you to try something like this with whatever stencils and stamps you have in your collection to put your own spin on your Christmas cards.  After all, there really are no rules to say what you can and can't do.  If you hate it, it's only paper and you can try again.  Here's the video tutorial on my YouTube channel if you want to see how I created this card start to finish and my supply list is below.

Supplies:
Altenew Majestic Blooms stamp set
Simon Says Stamp inks: Smoke, Fog, Slate and Duckling
Delicata Golden Glitz pigment ink
Versamark clear ink
Neenah Solar White 110 lb cardstock
Wow Rich Metallic Gold embossing powder
Tim Holtz Holiday Knit stencil
Distress Ink: Candied Apple
Avery Elle Wonky Stitches die
Doodlebug Crushed Velvet cardstock in Ladybug
Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle die
Little Things sequin mixes in Rose Gold and Warm Golden Glow

Thanks for hanging out with me today and I'll catch you later.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Much love,
Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...