Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Handmade Christmas Series: Card 4 Alcohol Ink Background

Todays card is an easy card that lends itself towards Christmas, but is also prefect for Hanukkah.  My background was created using Alcohol Inks on Glossy cardstock.  I used Copper embossing powder with the sentiment to create gorgeous contrast with the blues in the background.  Using a panel of fun foam cut slightly smaller than the blue panel, I popped it up against the glitter paper panel to give it dimension.  Here is the link to the video tutorial on my YouTube channel if you want to see how I created this card from start to finish.  My supply list is below.

Supplies:
Casual Fridays Star of David stamp set
Penny Black Rejoice with Joy stamp set
Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle dies
Versamark
WOW Metallic Copper Superfine Embossing Powder
Ranger Holographic Embossing Powder
Black Fun Foam
DCWV Glitzy Glitter Stack
Scor-tape
Neenah Solar White 110lb cardbase
Ranger Alcohol Inks and Blending Solution
Ranger Glossy cardstock

 I love everything about this card.  Not only is it beautiful, but it also places the emphasis of the season on the birth of Christ, where it belongs.  It's also simple and easy to put together and would be perfect for mass producing: you could skip the fun foam to make production even simpler.  Thanks for stopping by to hang out!  I hope you got some ideas and have a blast making your Christmas cards!

Merry Christmas and much love,
Jasmine







No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...