Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Handmade Christmas Series 2016: Card 5 Happy Hanukkah

For all my Jewish friends out there, Happy Hanukkah!  I'll admit that I do not know that much about Hanukkah, but I have noticed a serious lack of Hanukkah cards out there in social media and tutorials.  When I saw the Star of David set by Casual Fridays, I thought I should do my best to create some Hanukkah cards and get them out there for those that maybe have Jewish friends or are Jewish themselves and want to celebrate too.  I have always love the six pointed Star of David and was happy to be able to use it.  I utilized the traditional colors of Hanukkah, using blue and gold, and chose a dark blue to really emphasize the contrast between the muted navy blue and shiny Gold.  I created the background using IndigoBlu Megaflake in Lancashire Rose and Cosmic Shimmer glue on plain white cardstock.  I die cut the navy frame using a Mama Elephant Creative Cuts Peek a Frame die.  The star pattern strip and sentiment are both from the Casual Fridays Star of David set.  The star strip was stamped on Vellum and heat embossed using Lindy's Stamp Gang embossing powder in Slate Blue Twilight.  The sentiment was stamped on SSS Soft Navy cardstock and heat embossed using Ranger Gold ultrafine embossing powder and die cut using a Sizzix frame die.  Here is the link to the video tutorial on my YouTube channel if you want to see start to finish how I created this card and my supply list is below.

Supplies:
Mama Elephant Creative Cuts Peek A Frame die
Simon Says Stamp Soft Navy cardstock
Cosmic Shimmer glue
IndigoBlu Megaflake in Lancashire Gold
Neenah Solar White 110 lb cardstock
Casual Fridays Star of David stamp set
Vellum
Stick-It sheet adhesive
Sizzix label die
Ranger Gold superfine embossing powder
Versamark
Lindy's Stamp Gang Slate Blue Twilight embossing powder
Scor-tape
Foam squares

Please feel free to ask if you have any questions and I'd love to know what you think.

Happy Hanukkah and much love,
Jasmine







No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...