Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Handmade Christmas Series: Card 3 featuring SOA Collection

Merry Christmas!  I wanted to play with the traditional color palette and shake things up a bit, so I added lime and teal to the traditional red, green and gold.  Immediately after stamping the striped background, I applied some clear sparkle embossing powder and heat set that to add a beautiful shimmer.  After stamping and heat embossing the candies, I die cut them using the coordinating dies.  To create the vellum panel, I added Stick-It sheet adhesive to the back of the vellum, then die cut it using the Casual Fridays label dies in the SOA kit.  To stamp the sentiment and holly, I employed my MISTI to get things perfectly aligned.  It also allows for the need to repeat any stamping and it has become one of my most used items in my studio.  Here is the video tutorial on my YouTube channel if you'd like to see how I created this card from start to finish and my supply list is below.

Supplies:
2016 Stamp Of Approval Collection (* items are in the SOA box)
*Peppermint Stick background by Catherine Pooler Designs
*Candy Cane Lane Stamp and die sets by Catherine Pooler Designs
*Merry Labels die by Casual Fridays
*Merry and Bright stamp set by Catherine Pooler Designs
Simon Says Stamp inks in Lucky, Jellybean, High Dive, Lipstick Red and Dark Chocolate
Versamark
Neenah Solar White 110 lb cardstock
Lindy's Stamp Gang Candy Cane Red Gold embossing powder
Ranger Holographic embossing powder
Wow Vintage Candy Cane
Wow Metallic Gold Rich Superfine
DCWV Foiled cardstock stack
Vellum
Stick-It sheet adhesive
Glossy Accents

I hope my design has sparked some idea's for you and that you get the time to get creative.  Don't forget to subscribe to my channel so you never miss a new video.  Thanks for spending some time with me today!  See you next time.

Much love and Merry Christmas,
Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...