Friday, November 25, 2016

Snowflakes and Cupcakes with Infinity Engraving

 Merry Christmas!  This little baker image by Sasayaki Glitter is quite versatile and can be used for just about any theme or topic you want.  All you need to do is change the colors and sentiment to whatever you want: birthday, thinking of you, feel better or even sympathy.  To use digital stamps, all you need to do is download the image and resize it in Word, then print it out.

I have a few techniques in this project, but none are difficult.  I colored my image with Copics and die-cut the image panel and the red panel to create an in-laid die cut look.  I created a mask to go over the image using copy paper and then stamped the background using a large snowflake background stamp and Versamark.  At this point I removed the mask.  I covered the Versamark with Judikins Sticky Stuff and heat set that.  Judikins Sticky Stuff is a powdered adhesive that becomes sticky when melted.  When using it, remove the heat as soon as it turns shiny.  Using red and green micro-fine glitter, I added it to the adhesive to create and snowflake background.  To create the sentiment, I die cut it from white card stock and heat embossed it using green glitter embossing powder and added two layers.  The green snowflake on the top left corner is a chipboard die cut from Infinity Engravings.  Here is the link to the video tutorial on my YouTube channel if you want to see how I created this card from start to finish.  My supply list is below, with links to the digital image and chipboard snowflakes. 

Supplies:
Sasayaki Glitter Baking Time image
Infinity Engraving Snowflake chipboard
Crafters Companion Spectrum Noir cardstock
Copic Markers
Mama Elephant Peek a Frame Creative Cuts
Hero Arts Snowflake background stamp
Versamark
Judikins Sticky Stuff
Elizabeth Crafts Microfine glitter in Green and True Red
Doodlebug Ladybug Velvet cardstock
Neenah Solar White 110 lb cardstock
Simon Says Stamp Die
Stampendous Green Glitter embossing powder
Tombow Mono Multi glue


This project was a lot of fun to create and I love how it turned out.  The snowflakes remind me of fireworks and the girl looks like she is having a great time baking Christmas treats.  
 
Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope you had fun and get the time to get creative!

Merry Christmas and much love,
Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...