Monday, April 3, 2017

Embossed Resist with Distress Oxides, MFT and Concord & 9th

 Trying out the new Distress Oxides has been so much fun and todays project is no exception.  These inks are a hybrid between pigment and dye inks, so they have the properties of both.  They heat emboss beautifully, blend seamlessly and easily and because they're the Distress formula, you can do all those delightful techniques as well. 
 Using a 6x6 MFT background stamp, I layered the inks across it on the diagonal and stamped it.  Using a MISTI here is an excellent idea, just in case you miss a bit (you'll see in the video where I did it).  After heat embossing it in clear, I went in and ink blended over the top to make the background stamp really pop.  The background was really vivid and I didn't want to detract from it, so I kept my finishing touches simple with the die cut sentiment and vellum butterfly.  Here's the link to the video tutorial on my YouTube channel and my supply list is below.

Supplies:
Distress Oxide Ink
  • Fossilized Amber
  • Broken China
  • Peeled Paint
My Favorite Things Floral Fantasy stamp
Bristol Smooth cardstock
SSS Clear detail embossing powder
My Favorite Things Wonky Stitches die
Concord & 9th Butterfly Beauty dies
Vellum
Stick-It sheet adhesive
ARC Wood Veneer paper
Simon Says Stamp Blessed die
Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle die
Little Things Lily White and Ivory sequin mixes
Ranger Multi Matte Medium
Scor-tape
Neenah 110 lb card base

Thanks for stopping by and I'll catch you next time! 

Much love,
Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...