Sunday, November 22, 2015

2015 Christmas Project Series Day 10: CAS Flip It Card 4 ways

Todays project is a Clean And Simple Flip It card using a die by Stephanie Bernard.  There are several shapes for this type of die and this particular one spoke of Christmas to me.  As you'll see, its a single peice of cardstock that folds into a standard 4.25 by 5.5 inch card and the middle shape flips when it's opened.  I leave the inside blank to provide space to write a message to the recipient.  Let's get started! I made 4 cards for this post.
Heres my supply list:
  •  Cardstock cut to 6 by 6.5 inches
  1.  Blackberry Bliss by Stampin Up
  2.  Kraft by Simon Says Stamp
  3. Schoolhouse Red by Simon Says Stamp
  4. Neenah Solar White 110 lb.
  • Patterned Paper
  1. Lawn Fawn Snowy Day Collection
  2. Bo Bunny Altitude Collection
  • Sizzix Flip-It Die set by Stephanie Bernard
  • Lawn Fawn Stitched Snowflakes dies
  • Simon Says Stamp Snowflake dies
  • Stampin Up glitter paper in Iridescent Ice
  • Doodlebug glitter paper in White
  • Royal Blue metal sheets (company went out of business)
  • My Minds Eye Jubilee enamel shapes
  • tape runner
  • Tombow Mono Multi
  • Zots Bling mini glue dots
  • Creative Design Bling sequins in Glacial Bliss

I start by trimming my cardstock to 6 by 6.5 inches.  I line up the die to the edges of my cardstock and run through my big shot.  The die will cut and score the cardstock for you.  All you have to do is fold, crease and decorate as desired.








I'm using a sheet from Bo Bunny's Altitude collection to die cut two panels that will go on the front of my card.

 These papers are from Lawn Fawn's Snowy Day collection.  I like how these dies are seperate as you can line them up to get the pattern or scene on the paper that you want on the card.
 The set also comes with dies to embellish and emboss that fit the cutouts. 

 These four cards came together in about 30 minutes.  I kept these three fairly simple by finishing them with foam squares under the inner medallion or outer wreath for dimension and a bow enamel sticker on the red and green wreathes and die cut snowflake on the sheet music wreath.  I added a bit more to the purple card with sequins and die cut metal snowflakes as well as a die cut glitter snowflake over the middle medallion.  I used Tombow liquid glue to adhere the die cut snowflake and Zots Bling glue dots to attach the sequins and metal snowflakes.

Thanks for hanging out with me today!  I hope you had fun and learned something new.  Feel free to ask any questions and let me know what you think!

Merry Christmas and much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...