Friday, June 3, 2016

IndigoBlu Clematis Flourish 2 ways with Tupelo Designs LLC


















Hey there!  I have had this stamp hanging out in my studio for awhile and I figured it was time to try it out.  I'll give you a bit of backstory on why I have two cards in this post instead of one.  My first try was the green one on the left;  I didn't like it.  I stamped, colored and inked it but almost trashed it.  I posted a picture of it to my favorite Facebook group, My Inky Oasis, and a bunch of the girls encouraged me to finish it as they loved it.  So I added some yellow green inks to it, added a sentiment, some sequins (because sequins make everything better!) and finished it off with Wink of Stella Clear.  At the point of trashing the first one, I stamped the second one and loved the softness of the gray ink, but my Copics had blurred the lines of the flowers, so I needed a way to add the detail back in.  I've watched several of Kelly Latevola's videos and she outlines all of her images after stamping and coloring.  So I tried the technique with the blooms and bird; loved it.  I added some shadows and it made the flowers just jump off the panel.  Finished it off with clear droplets from Pretty Pink Posh and I had two finished cards. Here's the link to the video on my YouTube channel so you can see how I did things. 

Supplies:
IndigoBlu Clematis Flourish
Momento Tuxedo Black ink
Neenah Solar White 110 lb cardstock
Crafters Companion cardstock
Altenew Crisp Dye ink: Forest Glades and Evergreen
Simon Says Stamp ink: Smoke
Lawn Fawn Ink: Celery Stick and Cut Grass
Clarity Brushes
Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle dies
Concord & 9th Love You Mean It stamp set
MISTI
Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush Pen
Pretty Pink Posh 4mm Sparkling Clear sequins
Pretty Pink Posh 4mm and 6 mm Clear Droplets
Little Things Sequins mixes in Ivory and Sugar Plum
Faber Castell Pitt Artist Pen - XS
Copic Sketch Markers:
*Green: (RV13, 17, 19) (RV00, 10, 21) (BV000, V04, V17) (Y06, 08, 17)
*Pink: (RV00, 10, R81) (Y06, 08, 17) (YR 04, 07) (W0, 3, N4) (C5, 7)

Thanks for stopping by and hanging out with me!  Be sure to let me know what you think and feel free to like, comment and subscribe to my channel ;)

Much love,
Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...