Monday, January 2, 2017

Birthday Boys big and small with MFT Magical Dragons

 Hello and welcome 2017!  I hope you and yours had a wonderful Christmas and happy start to the new year.  One of my nephews has an early January birthday and this card was inspired by him.  He loves shakers and dragons, so why not put them together?  I've been hearing about Bristol cardstock being nice to use with Copic markers because it's super smooth and has good weight.  Usually I use Crafter's Companion Spectrum Noir with my Copics, but I have to order it online and it's not inexpensive.  I used Bristol with the bottom dragon and SN with the top dragon and although the coloring is pretty much the same, I wanted to give a demonstration with each cardstock in the video.  Both cardstocks perform excellently with Copic markers, but the Bristol is available locally and is a better value.  Here is the link to the video on my YouTube channel if you want to see how I created this project from start to finish and my supply list is below.

Supplies:
MFT Magical Dragons stamp and die sets
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Bristol cardstock
Crafters Companion Spectrum Noir cardstock
MFT Tropical Teal cardstock
MFT Sour Apple Sparkle cardstock
MISTI
Copic markers: YG06, 17 G05, 09
Sizzix frame die
3M foam tape
White pigment ink
Wow Metallic Platinum Sparkle embossing glitter
Acetate
Little Things Mountain Lake sequin mix
SN Clear Sparkle pen



Thanks for the visit!  Don't forget to subscribe to my blog and YouTube channel so you stay up to date each and every time I post new content. 

See you next time!

Much love,
Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...