Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Polar Birthday Slider with an Alcohol Ink background


Hey there!  I have such a charming project to share with you today.  I started off with the Let It Snow set by The Greeting Farm.  It's a winter themed set and prefect for cold weather outdoor fun and isn't isolated to Christmas, but can be used for Christmas as well.  I love how the penguins are drawn in action.  One is walking toward you and the other is sitting on his bottom, so I chose to color him as if he was sliding across the ice and having a great time.  For the background, it's quite a simple technique and once you try it, you'll not only love it, but also get tons of ideas for different color combinations to use!  Make an effort not to get frustrated if you can't get exactly the same background twice; each one will turn out a little different.  I keep ones I don't like so much to die cut words and shapes out of.  When using metallic mixatives with this technique, it can resist stamping over the top.  An easy way around that is to heat emboss or stamp several layers when using dye inks and Archival works well (the MISTI comes in very handy here).  In the video tutorial on my YouTube channel I demonstrate all the Copic coloring as well as the Alcohol Ink background and how to build the channel for the slider mechanism using foam tape.    My supply list is below.

Supplies:
The Greeting Farm Let It Snow S&D
My Favorite Things Surf & Slide die
Bristol cardstock
Colorbox white pigment ink
Stampendous Winter Wonderland embossing powder
Copic coloring: Bear: W0, 3; N4; C00, 8; RV 10
Scarf: B14, 18, 28;  Cup: B01, 02; E25
Penguins: C 00, 2, 6, 7, 8; YR 04, 15, 20
Ranger Glossy Cardstock
Alcohol Inks: Turquoise, Indigo, Sky, Patina, Pearl
Alcohol Blending Solution
SSS Snowflake Border die
DCWV Foiled Cardstock in Silver
3M foam tape
Scor-tape
Tombow Mono Multi liquid glue

What do you think?  I love this one and as it's going to one of my nephews for his birthday, I hope he was fun with it too.  I have found that kids and adults alike love the dynamic cards so much more.  My little niece likes to take hers to school and playdates and that just warms my heart!  Let me know if you have any questions and thanks for hanging out.  See you next time!

Much love,
Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...