Thursday, January 26, 2017

Ink Blended Angel

 Hey there!  One layer cards aren't something I tend to do, but this design is probably as close as I get.  I wanted to do something soft and easy and these colors are what I tend to gravitate towards.  If you have trouble with ink blending, here's a few things to try. A) Lessen the pressure of your hand with the blending tool.  Less pressure means less friction between the tool and the paper leading to easier gliding over the surface.  B) Hold your tool at a slight angle so that the full surface of the tool is not on the surface of the paper.  C) Layer your colors where they meet.  Go back over where two colors meet with each color.  This will help to blend out any edges or tool marks and help to brighten each shade.  D) Practice your blending.  It doesn't go perfectly the first time for anyone and the more you practice the easier it will become and you'll get the hang of it.  I used Distress Inks for this project.  They are designed to work with the techniques I used.  Every brand of Dye ink pad the I've tried has worked with the ink blending technique, but not all of them with work with the stencil and ink lifting technique so I would try them on a scratch piece before your card project to make sure.  Here is the link to the video tutorial on my YouTube channel and all my supplies are listed below. 

Supplies:
Distress Inks: Wilted Violet, Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, Cracked Pistachio
Avery Elle Wonky Stitches die
Neenah Solar White 110 lb cardstock
The Greeting Farm God is Awesome
Archival Jet Black ink
Echo Park Flurries stencil
Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen
Little Things Gilded Rose sequin mix
28 Lilac Lane French Quarter embellishment kit
Delicata Golden Glitz pigment ink
Simon Says Stamp Smoke cardstock
Scor-tape
Tombow Mono Multi liquid glue

As always I'm happy to answer any questions you may have and I'd love to know what you think.  Don't forget to subscribe!  See you next time.

Much love,
Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...