Saturday, January 21, 2017

You Are Enough with Concord & 9th

 .:




Hello!  I've decided to start todays post with the color palette that I started my card with.  With this palette in mind, the card began to emerge...
Starting with colors in the blue-green/teal arena, I stamped the flowers.  The stamp set I chose is one that you have the option to layer or not.  I stamped the line images and followed up with the layering pieces.  Blending the brown tones around the edges highlights the embossed pattern from the die as well as creates contrast between the colors.  Adding the Bronze embossing powder to the sentiment provides a textural contrast as well as sophistication.  To finish off the front panel, I added sparkle to the flowers using a glitter brush pen.  To keep it light, I didn't bring the brown tones in to far.  I wanted to take advantage of the white space.  Using the same colors in the flowers, I ink blended around the edges of the card base to tie everything together and complete the card.  I'll be honest, I did think about adding sequins, but liked the simplicity of it without them.
 Here is the video tutorial on my YouTube channel if you'd like to see how I created this project from start to finish.  My supply list is below.

Supplies:
Concord & 9th You Are Enough
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Neenah Solar White 110 lb cardstock
MISTI
SSS inks: High Dive, Spring Rain, Scuba, Blue Jay
Avery Elle Wonky Stitches die
Wow Metallic Copper embossing powder
VersaMark embossing ink
Distress Inks: Brush Corduroy and Ground Espresso
Scor-tape
Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Let me know if you have any questions, what you think and what you'd like to see next.  See you next time!

Much love,
Jasmine


No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...