Monday, January 30, 2017

Easy Watercolor Floral

 Hey there!  Todays project is an easy and versatile watercolor card using Zig Clean Color markers and a sparkle pen or paintbrush.  My color scheme for this card is one I don't use often.  I wanted to challenge myself to use the red/orange/yellow color family more often in the coming year and started with this one.  Another challenge I gave myself was to use more of my studio supplies, rather than continuously going back to old favorites and my comfort zones.  I've had the Zig markers for quite some time, but wasn't a huge fan of them.  Now that I've done a few cards with them, they are really fun and easy to use.  On this card, I employed a paintbrush to give me both soft and hard edges as well as a bit of dry-brushing on the yellow flower.  Dry-brushing is using your brush just slightly damp; you want enough water to allow your color to move, but just a little so that the brush marks show.  On the large petal on the top flower you can see some of the texture of the brushstroke. 
Below is the color palette I chose as a starting point.  I have a whole board on Pinterest of palettes that I look through when I can't decide what color combo to go with. 

Seashore
Here is the link to the tutorial on my YouTube channel if you want to see how I created this project from start to finish.  My supply list is below.

 Supplies
Avery Elle Wonky Stitches die
Strathmore 140 lb watercolor paper
Versamark ink
MISTI
Ranger Turquoise embossing powder
Zig Clean Color brush markers: 70, 51, 47, 31
Concord & 9th You Are Enough
The Greeting Farm God is Awesome
Wow Metallic Copper SF embossing powder
Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle die
Pale Yellow Pearl cardstock
Neenah Solar White 110 lb cardstock
Scor-tape

 
Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you are encouraged to get outside of your comfort zone and try something new.  Catch you next time!


Much love,
Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...