Friday, January 13, 2017

You Are Loved with Concord & 9th


Hello!  Todays project was inspired by my longing for spring and looking forward to the end of another brutal Michigan winter.  A goal of mine is to make better use of the hoard, I mean stash, of awesome stuff in my studio rather than always buying more new things.

Watercolor is one of my favorite mediums to work with.  Zig Clean Color brush markers are a fun way to create watercolor effects without having to have traditional watercolor paints.  I have had the 60 count set for quite a while, but never really got around to playing with them.  Going through my stash, I pulled out the You Are Enough set by Concord & 9th.  It's lovely and I thought it was perfect for a spring welcoming project.  This design is perfect for a birthday, thinking of you, encouragement and sympathy or condolences.  Here is the link to the video tutorial on my YouTube channel and my supply list is below.

Supplies:
Concord & 9th You Are Enough
Zig Clean Color brush markers # 26, 27, 32, 36, 40
Avery Elle Wonky Stitches die
Strathmore 140 lb watercolor paper
Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen
Archival Black ink
MISTI
Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle die
DCWV Twinkle Glitz
Little Things sequin mixes in Passion Flower and Pearl Necklace
Tombow Mono Multi glue
Scor-tape

I really enjoyed the process making this card and am loving how the Zigs work.  They easily give a watercolored look while staying bright and you can use lighter colors to blend out darker colors rather than water.  They also have a really wide color range.  Let me know if you have any questions and I'd love to know what you think.  See you next time!

Much love,
Jasmine








No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...