Friday, January 6, 2017

Shaking Sliding Flying Dragon with MFT Magical Dragons



Hello!  Todays project is a fun interactive card with a shaker element as well as a slider element.  I've had the idea for this card for awhile and decided to give it a try after coloring my pink and gray dragon.  Copic coloring can be intimidating, especially if you're not confident in your skills.  Like most things, the secret is in practice.  The more you practice the better you'll get.  Here is the video tutorial on my YouTube channel if you'd like to see how to create this card from start to finish.  My supply list is below.

Supplies:
My Favorite Things Pink Lemonade cardstock
My Favorite Things Spin and Slide discs
My Favorite Things Surf and Turf dies
My Favorite Things Magical Dragons stamp and die sets
Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle die
Bristol Cardstock
Neenah Cardbase
Memento Tuxedo Black
Copic Markers: Dragon- RV 00, 21, 23 C 00, 0, 2, 3, 6, 8  Clouds- RV 00, 81
Zots mini glue dots
Little Things Deep Fuchsia sequin mix
3M Foam tape
Scor-tape
Tombow mono multi glue

This design is really versatile and fun as well as easy to construct.  If you're looking to improve your Copic skills, I recommend Sandy Allnock's Copic Jumpstart class which is available on her website.  You'll learn about color theory, blending groups and how to get texture with your markers like the texture on my dragon.   Thanks for hanging out with me and I'll see you next time!

Much love,
Jasmine







No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...