Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Easter Triple Play

Todays post and video are done in a bit of a different style than usual.  I have 3 cards, all of an Easter theme celebrating the resurrection of our Lord Jesus, utilizing experiments.  When I get new products, I like to play with them and experiment so I have a bin in my studio with several random bits.  These cards were created using a few of those panels.  I chose to do it this way because Easter has devolved into chicks, bunnies, toys and candy.  I wanted to convey it's true purpose and true meaning and I hope you enjoy.
Oh Happy Day Supplies:
Nuvo Glimmer Paste
Tanzanite Lavender
Peridot Green
Neat & Tangled Scalloped stencil
Bristol Smooth cardstock
Simon Says Stamp Cross die
Simon Says Stamp Oh Happy Day die
DCWV Gold Foil cardstock
Stick-It Sheet Adhesive
Neenah 110 lb Solar White cardstock base
Scor-tape

Start with a Bristol Smooth panel cut to 4"x 5.25" and tape the stencil down on the corners.  Smooth the lavender Nuvo paste over the top half and the green over the bottom half, blending the two colors in the middle.  Remove stencil while paste is still wet.  Set aside the panel to dry and immediately wash the stencil and palette knife.  The panel will take an hour or so to dry completely, but I let mine sit for several hours.  Once dry, center the cross die in the middle of the panel so that the pattern is even in the die and run it through your die cutting machine.  Give it a few passes; you may have to use your craft knife to help complete the cuts in a few places.  Cut the gold cardstock to 4.25" x 5.5" and adhere to the card base using Scor-tape.  Center the glitter paste panel and center it over the gold.  Apply Stick-It to the back of some gold cardstock and run the Oh Happy Day die with the gold cardstock through the die cutting machine.  Remove the die cut from the rest and remove all the little bits and pieces.  Arrange the die cuts over the glitter panel, remove backing paper and press down.  I started with Day because it was at the bottom and wanted to make sure it didn't hang off the edge of the glitter panel.  The card is complete.

Loved You Supplies:
MISTI
Bristol Smooth cardstock
Nuvo Moonstone Glimmer Paste
Neat & Tangles Scalloped stencil
Lawn Fawn inks
  • Minty Fresh
  • Moonstone
  • Fresh Lavender 
  • Ballet Slippers
  • Peachy Keen
My Favorite Things Wonky Stitches dies
Penny Black Faith stamp set
Mama Elephant His Love stamp set
Wplus9 Oatmeal cardbase
Vellum
Stick-It sheet adhesive
Sizzix rectangle frame die
Versamark
Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder
Scor-tape

In order listed above, I used the ink blending technique to add color to my panel.  Next, I applied the glimmer paste using the stencil and let that dry.  Once the paste was dry, I ran in through my die cut machine with the largest of the MFT Wonky Stitches dies.  Using vellum with Stick-It on the back, I stamped and heat embossed my images followed by die cutting them.  To finish up, I adhered the colored panel to the cardbase with Scor-Tape and layered the vellum images on the front.  Card completed.

His Love Never Fails Supplies:
MISTI
Glossy cardstock
Alcohol Inks
  • Pearl
  • Flamingo
  • Patina
Alcohol Ink Blending Solution
My Favorite Things Wonky Stitches die
Mama Elephant His Love stamp set
Versamark
Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder
Die cut Cross from the first card
Ellen Hutson Natural White cardbase
Scor-tape
3M Foam tape
Here is the link to a previous video demonstrating the alcohol ink technique on my YouTube channel so you can see how I created the background. 

Here is the link to the video tutorial with these three cards on my YouTube channel.  It was a joy creating these cards to share my faith and I sincerely hope you can share in the joy and promise of Easter as well. 

To His glory and much love,
Jasmine

2 comments:

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...