Thursday, April 6, 2017

Mixed Media Watercolor Frame with Infinity Engravings LLC

 Have I got a fun project for you!  With this project, I was making it for my 3 year old niece, so the design I had in mind was colorful, outdoorsy and exciting.  A few months back I saw a project using watercolor grounds and was very interested in what it was and what you could do with it.  It's a medium that allows you to turn surfaces such as metal, glass and chipboard into a surface that accepts watercolors.  I typically use acrylic paints in my mixed media projects, but am a much strong watercolor artist than acrylic artist so the watercolor grounds opened up a whole new avenue for me. 
 I applied 2 coats of watercolor grounds to the frame and to the fairy and letter die cuts.  I ended up using acrylic paint on the letters because the watercolor just wasn't standing out enough. 
 I painted both butterflies with acrylic paints as well and topped the smaller butterfly with glitter.
 I didn't care for how the bodies of the fairies turned out, so I painted over them with white acrylic paint and added glitter. 
 Here is the finished project and I think it's enchanting, especially for a little girl.  If you'd like to see how I created it, here is the link to the video tutorial on my YouTube channel and the supply list is below.
Supplies:
Paper Studio frame
Infinity Engraving die cuts
Daniel Smith Watercolor Grounds
Daniel Smith Watercolors
Dylusions Acrylic Paints
  • Crush Grape
  • Vibrant Turquoise
  • White Linen
Nuvo Glimmer Paste
  • Tanzanite Lavender
  • Amethyst Purple
  • Peridot Green
  • Moonstone (Small butterfly, fairy bodies, and letters)
28 Lilac Lane
  • Pretty Princess
  • Minty Fresh
  • On Lilac Lane
TH Mini Blossom Stencil
Dina Wakely Matte Medium

Thanks for hanging out with me for a bit and I'll catch you later!  As always, I'm happy to answer questions and love to know how you like it.

Much love,
Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...