Monday, April 10, 2017

Hooty Whoo Owls with Copics and Newtons Nook

 I have loved owls since I was a little girl and would fall asleep listening to them in the pine trees.  They were secretive, elusive and majestic and every time I would catch a glimpse of one I felt such awe.  That was the inspiration behind this card.  I wanted to keep the focus on the birds, so I kept the rest of the card fairly simple with some simple ink blending over a stencil.  I used Copic markers to color my images and you'll notice that it doesn't disturb the dye ink in the ink blending; alcohol ink works well with dye ink because they won't dissolve each other so their compatible and safe to use together.  If you are having trouble figuring out how to color an image and want to be true to life, just google whatever it is and you'll have tons of reference photos to go on. 

Here is the link to the video tutorial on my YouTube channel and my supply list is below.

Supplies:
Newtons Nook What A Hoot stamp set
Bristol Smooth cardstock
My Favorite Things Wonky Stitches die
Post-It Masking Tape (2" wide)
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
MISTI
Tim Holtz Mini Blossom Stencil
Simon Says Stamp Jellybean and Fern inks
Lawn Fawn Celery Stick ink
Copic Markers
Red Owl: E13, 15, 19, 51, C4, C6
Gray Owl: E70, 74, 79, YR15, C4, C6
Branches: E23, 27, 25, 79
W+9 Oatmeal card base
Scor-tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...