Saturday, April 15, 2017

One Layer Beauty with Zig Clean Color Markers

 Hello and Happy Easter to you and yours.  Todays project is lovely, simple, easy and one-layer. Watercolor paper is my first choice when using just about any water-based medium because it doesn't warp easily.  I wanted to layer the sentiment over the flowers, so I stamped the floral image and heat embossed over it, then added color.  I did it in that order so that I wouldn't have to wait for the flowers to dry before stamping and heat embossing.  If the flowers were still wet at all, I may not have achieved a clean stamped sentiment and the powder would have stuck everywhere, effectively ruining the project (no bueno).

Here is the link the video tutorial on my YouTube channel and my supply list is below.
Supplies:
Canson XL 140 lb watercolor paper
Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle die
Archival Jet Black ink
MISTI
Penny Black Divine stamp
Mama Elephant His Love stamp set
Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen
Versamark
Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder
Zig Clean Color Markers
  • 83 Lilac
  • 81 Light Violet
  • 42 Turquise Green
  • 44 Deep Green
  • 51 Lemon
Scor-tape
Neenah cardbase

Thanks for stopping by and hanging out with me.  As always, I'm happy to answer any questions and would love to know what you think.

To His glory and much love,
Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...