Friday, July 1, 2016

Watercolor Peony Posey with Tupelo Designs LLC


Todays card was inspired by the colors of Grand Traverse Bay in the summer time; blues, teals and turquoise.  The stamp is Peony Posie by IndigoBlu and is a fairly elaborate image, so I wanted to keep the background simple and understated.  I used a simple wet on wet technique and just laid down stripes of color and after it was dried, I added a few sequins to finish it up.  Here is the link to the video on my YouTube channel and don't forget to subscribe so you don't miss out ;)

Supplies (*denotes item supplied to me by TDLLC)
*IndigoBlu Peony Posey
Archival Black Ink
Daniel Smith Watercolors:
  Pthalo Blue
  Mayan Blue
  Blue Apatite
  Pthalo Turquoise
Arches Pink Label watercolor paper
Silver Brushes: 3/4 and #8 Round
Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle die
Concord & 9th Written in the Stars stamp set
Ranger Platinum Embossing Powder
Versamark
MISTI
Scor-tape
Glossy Accents
Clear sequins

Thanks for stopping by and hanging out with me!  You can do this technique with any colors and any watercolors.  Gansai Tambi and Koi are two other palettes that I have that are great quality, affordable watercolors that are a little more crafter-friendly.  Daniel Smith are professional grade paints and as an artist, they are my favorite.  However, don't let not having a specific product stop you from creating with what you do have.  I promise you, improvising is something we designers do constantly!  So don't wait until you have this or that to be creative; you can do fantastic things with the supplies you have (even if it's just your kids crayola colored pencils!).  See you next time!

Much love,
Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...