Sunday, October 11, 2015

A man card that wont take his man card!

Hello!  Todays card started out as an experiment, just playing with Tim Holtz's first four new colors of 2015 in the re-inkers.  Cracked Pistacio, Abandoned Coral, Mermaid Lagoon and Fossilized Amber were dripped randomly around a peice of Distress watercolor cardstock, then spritzed with water to get things moving and blending.  I tried not to get a mix between the coral and pistacio to avoid getting a muddy brown, so I sopped up any ugly puddles.  Once it was dry I had a bit of a hard time figuring out what to do with it, but I thought it had a masculine feel to it so I went with robots.  I added gears and keys, also in the blueprint style, to bring it together.  I used Pumice Stone distress ink so it was visible, but in the background.  I thought it would make a great birthday card for a boy.  Or my husband; he loves robots and legos!

The robot is from Tim's Stampers Anonymous Robot Blueprints stamp set and the sentiment is from Tim's Stuff To Say stamp set.

I stamped the robot and sentiment in Black Versafine pigment ink and clear heat embossed it to make sure it stood up against the colorful background.  The watercolor piece was mounted on a layer of black cardstock, then on a white card base.

The design is easy to customize by using the recipients favorite colors and images, so I hope you try this one out and have fun playing!  Thanks for stopping by!

Much love!

1 comment:

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...