Saturday, October 3, 2015

MonsterMash!

Hey there! When I saw this stamp set Monster Mash by Lawn Fawn, I thought it was just adorable and not just for Halloween.  It's suitable for birthdays, missing someone, cheering someone up and even a sympathy/empathy card, especially for kids.

I used a section of a larger piece made with spray inks for the background; the tutorial for that is linked here.  I stamped all the images and sentiment in Momento Tuxedo Black.  I colored the monsters with SN markers and inked the sentiment with Distress Ink in Shaded Lilac.  I used the matching Monster Mash die set to die cut each little guy.  The "ground" was done using two other dies from Lawn Fawn: Forest border and Stitched Hillside Borders with black glitter paper from DCWV, layering them over one another and tucking the blue guy behind the trees to add depth to the scene.  I used adhesive gems in the sky to add a little sparkle.

I mounted the completed scene on a black card base and it's ready to send!  Thanks for spending a little time with me today.  If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer.  Much love!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jasmine! I followed your link from Stamping Enablers on FB. I thought you might be interested in a blog hop called WOYWW. The source is http://stamping-ground.blogspot.com/. It's a lot of fun! Like you, I just started a blog and found the blog hop by accident. The other participants are very supportive and you get to visit other interesting blogs.

    Your card is very cute!

    Suzanne
    http://papercraftsbysuzanne.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...