Saturday, October 10, 2015

Sealed with a Snowflake

Welcome!  Today's card is inspired by winter and the arctic.  Every so often I like to challenge myself to use nothing but scraps to create a card or two and just love it when I have success.  This is one of those projects.  The snowflakes and tree border were die-cut from scraps of watercolor paper that I colored with spray inks, the seal and igloo were leftovers from coloring practice, and the glitter paper was also cut from a scrap.  I really love how the background stands out and the blue is so vibrant.

The glitter paper was die cut with a die from the Stitched slopes and hills set from Simon Says Stamp.  The trees were cut with the forest border die, snowflakes with the stitched snowflakes set, and the seal and igloo stamps and matching dies are from the Critters in the Snow set from Lawn Fawn.

I used a Spray Ink Background technique for the piece this background came from, which I shared in my Northern Lights card blog post.  It's really easy, but encourages one to get out of their comfort zone, playing with color and getting messy!  The seal and igloo were colored with Spectrum Noir markers on Spectrum Noir paper.  I used IG 2, 4, 6 and just a bit of IG 8 in the darkest areas.

Thanks for spending a little time with me today! I hope you get the chance to express some creativity and have fun with it.  Remember; there are no rules to getting creative, however you make it happen.

Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...