Thursday, October 1, 2015

Lawn Fawn Halloween Card

I don't usually make Halloween cards, but I now have several nieces and nephews that live out of state, so I thought this would be a fun way to keep in touch.
For the background, I die cut the rectangle using the second largest of the stitched rectangle  die set Lawn Fawn.  I cut a mask using a circle die for the moon to keep it bright white and used distress ink to create the night sky.  Starting at the bottom I worked my way from lightest to darkest: Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, Dusty Concord and Chipped Sapphire distress inks and a mini blending tool.  The inked piece was mounted on a black card base using tape runner.
For the clouds, I die cut the vellum and silver glitter paper by DCWV with Lawn Fawn's Puffy Cloud border die set.
The owl, candies and treat bag are from Lawn Fawn's Critters in Costume stamp set and all are die cut using the coordinating die set.  I kept the coloring fairly simple, using SN markers and Wink of Stella glitter pen in clear over the mask, cape and moon.  I popped up the owl, candies and treat bag with foam squares to give the card subtle dimension.
I really like how this card turned out and think my nephews will love it!

Feel free to ask any questions or leave comments.  Thanks for stopping by and Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...