Saturday, October 17, 2015

Pretty Peony




The pictures just can't do justice to the shimmer of this card.  It's so lovely.  The background was done with Distress Ink Spray Stain in Salty Ocean and  Shaded Lilac.  I spritzed Perfect Pearls spray over the top to get the ink moving and blending.
The peony was done using the gorgeous Cover Plate Peony die by Papertrey Ink.  It's a full size die that the cuts the size of a standard card, 4.25 by 5.5 inches.  I cut it out of Blackberry Bliss cardstock by Stampin' Up and attached it with Tombow Mono Multi liquid glue.
I set the panel aside to dry with a few acrylic blocks on top for weight and let it sit overnight.  The cardbase is Neenah Solar White 110 lb cardstock and I mounted the panel on the base with 1/2 inch scor-tape.  To finish it, I stamped the sentiment on a piece of Vellum, also from Stampin' Up.  I like SU's vellum because it's thicker than other brands I've tried, so it doesn't warp as easily when heat embossing like I did with my sentiment.  I stamped the sentiment in Versafine black pigment ink and used WOW Rainbow Black embossing powder.  I then heat set it and cut the banner ends with scissors.  The gems are by Recollections and come on an adhesive roll.  Think roll of tape with gems.  I really like them because I can cut out the gems in a certain number or shape and they are self adhesive.  I have made 6 different versions of this card because it's really simple construction with such a pretty die cut card front.  There are endless options with this design.

This angle shows a bit of the shimmer on the background and the rainbow reflection of the embosssing powder on the sentiment.    I hope you found some inspiration and thank you for stopping by!
Much love!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...