Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Graphic Magnolia

Welcome back!  Today's card is using a few of the same products I used in my Clean and Simple Magnolia card, but with a few different techniques.  I really like how this turned out and I hope you give it a try!

Let's start with the background.  Using Distress watercolor cardstock, I used 3 colors of Distress Spray Stain: Abandoned Coral, Picked Raspberry and Shaded Lilac.  The tutorial post I have for how I create larger pieces is linked here.  I use fewer colors for smaller pieces; this measures 4.25 by 5.5 inches.  I start with my lightest color and end with my darkest, layering as I go.  To get the colors moving and blending, I spritz lightly with water and soak up any puddles with paper towels.  Once I like it, I set is aside to air dry.  I don't like using my heat tool to speed up drying because it tends to warp a lot more.  Air drying seems to allow the paper to relax and it usually flattens out.  If it feels cool to the touch, it's not completely dry yet.

Once my background was dry, I stamped my magnolia in Momento Tuxedo Black.  Because this is watercolor paper, the texture made my image slightly blotchy.  I stamped again, doing my best to line it up, but didn't hit it exactly on the mark.  That's ok though.  I liked the few double lines you can see.  I think it gives it more character.  I die cut the beautiful out of a strip of scrap watercolor paper that was a darker purple and adhered it with liquid glue.  The hello was stamped with VersaMark and heat embossed with Ranger Gold embossing powder.  I added the lavender pearl embellishments for a bit of elegance and whimsy, which are pieces left over from a larger embellishment I cut apart by Prima.  I mounted the finished card front on a card base and it was complete.

Thanks for spending a little time with me today! I hope you enjoyed! Feel free to ask any questions and share your thoughts.

Much love,
Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Handmade Christmas Series 2018: Day 1 Watercolors and EH Mondo Holly 2 ways

Here's an exciting sale for everyone!  ellenhutson.com is having a 20% off sale on all dies with the code above.  I&...